In our troubled times, your meditation practice enables you to tap into the source of courage and wisdom within you, supporting your family and all around you. This retreat will strengthen your ability to access your inner resources and, over time, become a force of unconditional love and respect for all.
Immerse yourself for a few days in the spiritual life at our retreat house in Tomales. This weekend retreat helps you absorb Easwaran’s teachings, deepen your practice of passage meditation, and experience the spiritually uplifting lifestyle that permeates our retreat house and Ramagiri Ashram.
By the end of the weekend you’ll have
- Had five or six meditations in a setting where earnest meditators have been coming and practicing for over 25 years
- Had quiet time to refresh your inspirational passages
- Studied Easwaran’s books and watched video talks that he gave to his closest students to find answers to the challenges you’re facing
- Had time to ask your questions of BMCM presenters who are longtime passage meditators, and to share practical tips with fellow retreatants
- Developed a personal plan for extending the eight points throughout your day once back home
- Experienced a balanced schedule integrating all the eight points, including rest, home-cooked meals, and optional times for exercise
- Had the opportunity to take a mantram walk on Dillon Beach, where Easwaran and Christine used to go every day
- Visited Ramagiri Ashram, the home of the BMCM where Easwaran lived, meditated, and taught, and where Christine and the Ramagiri Ashram residents continue to practice passage meditation for the goal of Self-realization.
The workshops offer contemplative time as well as interactive opportunities in which you can speak up as much or as little as you choose. Workshops include
- Reading studies
- Small groups in which you practice the eight-point program skills you have studied
- Videos and audios of Easwaran's talks
- Individual reflection time to plan your personal next step for taking your meditation deeper.
Your retreat will be facilitated by two BMCM presenters who have completed a five-year training program.