For 40 years, Easwaran taught meditation and the wisdom of slowing down. Through stories, backed up by practical advice, Easwaran illustrates a wiser way to live. He shows situations where you may get impatient or upset - standing in line, dealing with difficult colleagues, shopping with children with agendas of their own - from the perspective of an unhurried mind. And you see small ways to change how you respond, opening the door to rich, loving relationships, creative and productive work, and a quiet sense of joy that can permeate your life.
In Take Your Time, Easwaran invites you to try something different next time you’re stressed – techniques you can use to:
- Slow down inwardly, even if you have a lot to do
- Stay calmer, more patient, and more loving with all those around you
- Improve concentration by doing one thing at a time and doing it well
- Keep your attention in the present so you don’t waste energy on worry and resentment
- Simplify your life and avoid trying to do too much
- Get a sense of life’s true purpose